Thursday, April 24, 2014

Network progresses

Today has been a good working day in terms of results: I managed to bring the whole old network code into the new iPong's source and make it work.
And so far I tested it on two different computers on the web and it works.
Now the hardest part will start. The routine is not perfect: I know it. It's very glitchy and it is very base: connects two devices and makes them play a very base version of pong (no power ups, no lifting) plus all the control options are not implemented yet (and honestly I don't know if they never will) and no asteroids as well. Already like this the game lacks a bit of frame rate, so I need to make it more fluid in order to add stuff and then make it fit with the rest of the game, options included.
But, at least, we have a connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment