Monday, April 21, 2014

network and 3d engine

The networking / cross platform is really draining me. I knew it because I worked on it before and the same is happening now.
I'm doing little progresses every time I work on it but it's a hard beast to fix. Anyway I'm more than confident the system will be functional for all the platforms at the moment of the release.
Beside that I'm working on few new ideas and I believe one of these will be real, I just need to understand which one.
The point is: iPong will be released as a budget game, even if nice and cool you can set the price of a pong game as any other games out there. It has been and it is a useful experience to try, experiment and learn about the promotion for a game, about the indie game underground and about coding in general but it won't be a real hit and it doesn't pretend to be a hit.
So now that we know more about the environment we are moving in, it's time to think about new more ambitious ideas. And that's exactly what I'm doing.
I have 2-3 ideas I'm digging in and I will pick and try to turn in a real project the one that is better in terms of satisfaction and sales.
All this intro to say I'm working checking on 3D stuff. I took the 3D engine I developed for the fighter game and I see what I can do. GML 1.3 gives you the chance to implement lighting, fog effects, reflections...so it is cool to experiment a bit.
Can't say anything more....yet

No comments:

Post a Comment