Friday, April 25, 2014

Good stuff...going in the right direction

New update about the network-cross-platform game. Yesterday I managed to make the connection and to merge the old code with the new code of iPong.
Today I kept on working on making fit the old networking code with the game and I'm making really big progress.
First of all now the game looks like iPong and not anymore Pong 2013, so new HD backgrounds with animations and movements, new sounds and all looks ok.
Then I manage to implement the new control system: all is playable via keyboard and joystick with the 2 modes of paddle control which works fine.
I fixed some connection issues speeding up a bit the process but, I must admit, the routing is still sending back and forth a lot of useless data so soon i need to clean it but, before I put my hands in the pure network code I want the game to work properly.
In the beginning I was thinking the network version might not have power ups..I actually changed my mind and I might be able (bc I found a hole in the code) to fit at least the speed and double power ups with the gas clouds. Too early now to talk about the asteroids and the other power ups...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment