Monday, March 17, 2014

Fixes, asynchronous functions and copyright issue

Big day of work, the control system is not there yet, actually I not even started.
While the computer was updating I could just work on smaller fixes so I did calibrate the frequency of the asteroids, I made the sign iPong on top of the game-field fading in and out making it a bit more dynamic, the variables that carry the magneto and the guns status now reset once the game is over, there is an elegant count-down (ten to 1) which introduces the menu while everything is loading and few minor things.
Something not minor instead is that I completely re-coded the system to type in the name. The problem wouldn't show on PC or any other computers but it would show once the game is tested by apple to be approved: when you type in anything the script that shows you the virtual keyboard and related needs to be asynchronous! Whoever not familiar with this term just think that the script and the new type-in window cannot bother the normal functionality of your program or any program running (included the iOS itself). This is to prevent malfunctions in case you receive a call or something like while you type in your name.
After one hour of learning I manage it to make the scrip working asynchronous.

While I was testing everything on the phone and I was listening to the main tune (with a choir that keep on singing "iPong" I had a terrible sensation...quick check and I was right....it seems that the word iPong is covered by copyright, it's actually a device that shoots ping-pong balls. New updates soon but this ain't good.

No comments:

Post a Comment